Garibaldi and his “one thousand soldiers”, in the historical expedition of 1860 (which saw the unification of the two Kingdoms of Italy), landed in Marsala and after the battle of Calatafimi, they penetrated the central-western territory of the island, opening the way to the conquest of the city of Palermo. In our tour, we retrace some of the territories that were the scene of the advance of the Garibaldini army (Corleone, Ficuzza, Piana degli Albanesi), until they finally reached the gates of Palermo. An adventurous journey amidst the Sicani Mountains and their historical and cultural charm.
- Azienda agricola Traina (Prizzi) - Eos equitazione (Palermo)
7 days, 6 nights
from April to October
medium / Advanced
– transfer service to and from Palermo Airport
– support staff for horses, riders and their luggage
– transport of horses to the starting point, guide / s
– horses and harness
– Full board and accommodation in a double or twin room for the entire tour (from dinner on the first day to breakfast on the sixth day)
– all entrance fees
– riding license (insurance)
– accommodation in a single room
– additional nights or days
– any drinks or spirits not included in the menu
– personalized transfers (upon request)
For this kind of trekking we require good experience in outdoor horse management at the three speeds and we recommend suitable and comfortable clothing for long trails on saddle, bearing in mind possible seasonal temperature changes. For insurance coverage it is necessary to issue a health certificate. Our horses stay with us the whole time and are looked after in the same accommodation facilities. Therefore our guests never need to use other means of transport throughout the trip. All meals are based on local products, lunch is usually a picnic on the go, dinner is usually served in a farm and includes a minimum of four courses.
Italian, French, English.
Type of accommodation:
Estates, Farms, Abbeys, Resorts
Minimum: 4 Maximum: 8
English riding and trekking
Franches Montagnes and Connemara breed